Referrals & Resources
Eating Disorder Organizations
organizations providing general information, treatment resources, opportunities for training, and peer support:
- About Face: a non-profit that seeks to educate girls with the knowledge and tools to fight back against a culture that diminishes and disempowers them though harmful media messages. Offering a variety of programs and resources.
- AED: Academy For Eating Disorders: an international transdisciplinary organization that advocates for treatment, prevention, and research in the field of eating disorders.
- ANAD: National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Related Disorders: a non-profit whose purpose is to alleviate suffering and provide support to those struggling with eating disorders.
- APTED: aims to improve efforts in prevention, early detection, direct treatment and training, so as to lessen the incidence of eating disorders and to improve identification and treatment.
- The Body in Not an Apology: a global movement focused on radical self-love and body empowerment.
- The Body Positive: Founded to create a healing community that offers freedom from suffocating societal messages that keep people in perpetual struggle with their bodies. Provides training courses to educators and student leaders to help create body positive programs in schools and communities.
- EDC: Eating Disorders Coalition: Seeks to advance the recognition of eating disorders as a public health priority, throughout the United States.
- EDReferral: Eating Disorder Referral & Information Center: a great website for finding links to eating disorder treatment providers in your area.
- EDRC: Eating Disorder Resource Center: a non-profit committed to increasing understanding and awareness of eating disorders for the general public and health professionals.
- IAEDP: International Association of Professionals Treating Eating Disorders: works to provide quality education and top level training to multidisciplinary treatment providers who treat the full spectrum of eating disorder difficulties.
- Maudsley Parents: a volunteer organization of parents who have helped their children recover from anorexia nervosa using the Family-Based Treatment approach, also known as the Maudsley Method, and who seek to offer hope and help to other families facing eating disorders.
- Mental Health Foundations: aims to increase the accessibility of mental health support through the development of online offerings for caregivers of loved ones with eating disorders and other mental health concerns.
- NEDA: National Eating Disorders Association: a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting individuals and families affected by eating disorders.
- Project Heal: a non-profit that seeks to help people struggling with eating disorders access recovery through peer mentorship and treatment grants.
LQBTQ+ Support Organizations
organizations providing support to transgender and LGBT-Q individuals:
- National Queer & Trans Therapists of Color Network: advancing healing justice by transforming mental health for queen and trans people of color.
- Queer Body Love: provides one-on-one and group support to help individuals shift their relationship with food, their bodies and themselves.
- T-FFED: Trans Folkx Fighting EDs: a collective of trans/gender diverse folkx and allies whose mission is to address the disproportionately high incidence of eating disorders in trans and gender-diverse individuals through radical community healing, recovery institution reform, empowerment and education.